Thursday 24 January 2013

Giving a jersey its due

Aside from the gamer, I also have three Carbonneau replica jerseys.  I wanted to dedicate a post to one that I think is especially unique.


This is a replica of one of the jerseys Guy wore while playing junior hockey for the Chicoutimi Sagueneens in the 1970's.  I believe I picked it up on eBay in the spring of 2009.  It came from Singapore -- yeah, yeah, I know, knockoff jerseys and all that, but where are you going to find an official replica of a 1970's QMJHL jersey?  It also amazed me at the time that whoever replicated this thought to reproduce Guy's junior jersey.  I lovingly call it a tent, because it is absolutely huge on me (and I'm a big girl!)

Incidentally, this is Carbo's REAL Chicoutimi jersey:


(photo credit:  Classic Auctions)

So all in all, not a bad replica at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment