Monday 9 December 2019

Fan mail

I have a big Rubbermaid bin in my bedroom closet that is full of photos and mementos.  One day a few weeks ago I was going through it and I found a beautiful photo of Guy, a black and white of him on the faceoff.  And I thought, wouldn't it be cool if I could somehow get Guy to sign it?


(The photo in question.  I don't remember where I got it from.)

So I typed up a letter and sent it and the photo off to RDS, where Guy works as an on-air analyst.  Fifteen days later (yes, I kept count), I received this.


(Yes, my full first name is Lisa-Marie.  No, my parents are not Elvis fans.)

How cool is that!  What an absolute class act Carbo is.  I love that he also signed it at the bottom "HOF 19."  In the letter I wrote to Guy, I congratulated him on his induction and also talked about how annoyed I used to get every June when he got passed over.

Here is the address I used, if anyone else wants to send Guy some fan mail.

Guy Carbonneau
RDS
1755 Boul. Rene-Levesque Est
Bureau 300
Montreal, QC  H2K 4P6

If requesting an autograph, be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope.

The signed photo is now framed on my wall and I couldn't be happier.  Merci, Guy.  You are the best.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete