Thursday 21 November 2019

The Habs honor Guy

This most eventful week for me, as a Carbo fan, has resulted in one of the most hilarious photos of Guy I have ever seen.


(image source:  Twitter/@Dave_Stubbs)

Per NHL.com's Dave Stubbs on Twitter:  "I haven't fought in 30 years and I'm stuck in the tie-down strap!" Carbo laughed.

The Montreal Canadiens honored Guy before last night's game, adding his portrait to the Bell Centre's Ring of Honor.  The entire pregame ceremony is available on the Habs' official website here.  Additionally, Guy was mic'd up for the ceremony and video of that is also available here.  Unfortunately, my Ottawa Senators rained on Carbo's parade, beating the Canadiens 2-1.

This has been an incredible week.  Congratulations again, Guy.  It is so very well deserved, and thank you for continuing to be such an inspiration to me.  You are my hero.

Finally, I want to give a special shout-out to my friend Kit for being my Twitter eyes and ears this week and tweeting me all things Carbo.  Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment