Sunday 2 December 2012

Some memorabilia oddities, and Guy featured on Hockey Legends blog

Found this while surfing eBay:


Guy, of course, is at the top left -- it's a pretty good likeness!  I kind of miss the corny championship gear of the '90s.  They just don't make shirts like this anymore.

Also thinking of buying one of these for my own collection:


The reason for this is twofold -- of course, the Carbo connection; and I have a weakness for pop (I refuse to call it soda, I'm Canadian after all) ephemera.  I have a rather large pop bottle collection and not only is my computer room a shrine to Carbonneau, it also features some vintage pop advertising.  I don't know though, I think $6 might be a bit too much to pay for 13-year-old Coca-Cola.  ;)

Finally, the blog Greatest Hockey Legends has done a feature (after some encouragement by myself and some others on Twitter) on Guy and his hometown of Sept-Iles, Quebec.  You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment