Tuesday 6 March 2012

A grail obtained.

In this post, I discussed how my grail of Carbo collecting is a Dallas game-worn jersey.  Game-worns have long been elusive to me because of the price (and me being unemployed at the time) but things have changed.

Fast-forward to the last week of February.  I don't know exactly why I ended up on the MeiGray Group's web site, but I did...and I typed Guy's name into the search box, not expecting to find anything.  Carbo gamers are not that easy to find, and when they do come up, it's typically in an auction scenario.

My jaw practically dropped into the floor when the search result came up.  It's not a white home jersey, as I detailed in the above linked post, but it's just as beautiful, and it's now mine.



The wear is fantastic.  The collar is frayed, and the white trim on the sleeves and hem is dotted with puck marks.  Battle scars earned in the hockey play of one of the greatest.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone at the MeiGray Group for making this possible.  They were awesome to deal with.  If you're in the market for a gamer of your own, these are your folks.  My mother also had a huge hand in it -- despite not understanding what exactly I'd want with a hockey player's old sweater -- and she has been duly thanked as well.

I am a very happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment